Arulmigu Karpaga Vinayagar
- 2500 years old cave temple.
- From the available evidence Pillaiyarpatti Pillaiyar figure alone is the first Lord Ganapathi in the world.
- 14 Stone sculptures in the cave dated from 500 BC to 1284 AD.
- Early Pandiya Kings built this temple.
- Lord Ganapathi and Lord Siva were carved out of a stone by a sculptor called Ekkattur Koon Peruparanan.
- Ancient names of this town are Ekkattoor, Thiruveenkaikkudi, Maruthangudi and Rajanarayanapuram.
- Pillaiyar Patti, Karaikudi-Tirupattur Road, Sivaganga Dirstrict, Tamilnadu.
- Can be reached from Karaikudi or Tirupathur.
- 6AM-1PM and 4PM-8:30PM.
Official Website: http://www.pillaiyarpattitemple.com/